×Sorry to interrupt
If you're experiencing an issue with the Nextdoor app or website, the most effective way to let us know is to send us a message using our contact form. Using our contact form allows us to get your question to the support team that's most able to help you.Why am I having trouble connecting to Nextdoor? ›
It may be because you're using an outdated version of the app. Update your Nextdoor app. If the issue persists after you've updated, please contact us. Sign out of Nextdoor, then sign back in.Can you delete a Nextdoor account? ›
Login to your Nextdoor account. Click your profile picture in the top right corner. Select Settings. At the bottom of the page, click Deactivate your account.How do I log into my Nextdoor account? ›
- Open the Nextdoor for Android app.
- Enter your email and password.
- Tap the green 'Sign in' button.
- Navigate to www.nextdoor.com/reactivate.
- Enter the same email address you previously used to access Nextdoor.
- Enter the same password you previously used to access Nextdoor.
- Click SIGN IN.
- Click REACTIVATE ACCOUNT on the welcome back screen.
You can log into Nextdoor's app or website with your email, Facebook, Apple, or Google account. Nextdoor is a social media site that connects you with your neighborhood.How do I clear my Nextdoor cache? ›
- Open Settings.
- Scroll down and select Apps.
- Tap the See all option at the bottom.
- Tap the app name whose app cache you want to clear.
- Tap Storage and cache. 2 Images. Close.
- Select Clear cache.
- Tap Clear storage to clear data and cache. Close.
- Click on your profile photo or initials in the top right corner.
- Click View profile.
- Click Edit profile beneath your name and photo or icon.
- Here you can update your photo, pronouns, bio, neighborhood, hometown and emergency contacts.
To download Nextdoor for Android, visit the Google Play store or the Galaxy Store from your Android phone.Why can't I unsubscribe from Nextdoor? ›
Click your profile picture in the top right corner. Select Settings from the drop-down. Select Notifications from the left menu. Select the notification type on the left side menu and then toggle your settings.
Click the down-arrow next to your profile photo in the top right corner of the page. Select Settings. Click PRIVACY. Beneath Show address to my neighborhood as, choose the option that displays only your street name without the street number.How do I leave my Nextdoor neighborhood? ›
Open the Nextdoor for Android app. Tap Profile picture or initial in the top left. Tap the Settings icon in the bottom right. Scroll down and tap Sign out near the bottom of the screen.How do I reset my Nextdoor app password? ›
- Sign in to your account using your current password.
- Click your profile photo in the upper righthand corner.
- Select View profile.
- Select the Settings icon.
- Select Account setting & preferences.
- Click Change password.
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password.
- Click Save.
- Click in the top left of your Nextdoor newsfeed.
- You will see all of the private message threads you have exchanged with neighbors.
- You can select a private message thread to view or reply to by clicking the subject.
People who do not have a Nextdoor account can see the subject line, author's initials, body, media (any image or video), comments and commenter's initials, and they can also react to and share your post. They are not able to comment on your post.Can I have 2 accounts on Nextdoor? ›
If you have two homes
You can have Nextdoor accounts at both addresses, but you'll need to create two separate accounts using two separate email addresses to access both Nextdoor neighborhoods.
Nextdoor may disable accounts if they are found to be in violation of our Community Guidelines or Member Agreement. Some behaviors that may result in your account being disabled include: Using a fake name or address. Abusive or unneighborly messages.How to change your password? ›
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device's Settings app Google. Manage your Google Account.
- At the top, tap Security.
- Under "Signing in to Google," tap Password. You might need to sign in.
- Enter your new password, then tap Change Password.
Choose what neighbors can see your full profile and what neighbors will only see your location, public and shared groups, and messages you have posted that they have permission to view in the main feed. Options include: Show my full profile to anyone on Nextdoor.Why do people use Nextdoor? ›
Neighbors around the world turn to Nextdoor daily to receive trusted information, give and get help, get things done, and build real-world connections with those nearby — neighbors, businesses, and public services. We believe connecting with others is a universal human need.
1.4 Personal information we may collect about non-Members
If you don't use Nextdoor, your information might still be collected. Members may choose to share information about their contacts, for example from contact lists, address books, or if they manually enter your information.
What Happens After Clearing Android Cache? After you clear cached files, you'll regain some storage space and the app will continue to work as normal. However, since you erased the data used for optimal performance, some elements (like those mentioned above) will load more slowly the next time you use the app.Does clear data delete everything? ›
Clear cache: Deletes temporary data. Some apps can open slower the next time you use them. Clear data storage: Permanently deletes all app data. We recommend trying to delete from inside the app first.What does clearing cache do? ›
When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.How do I join Nextdoor without code? ›
1. Join your neighborhood
- Visit www.nextdoor.com.
- Enter your residential street address* and email address.
- Select Find your neighborhood. ...
- Complete all of the required fields.
To download the Nextdoor App, please visit www.nextdoor.com/mobile.How do you find out who your neighbors are? ›
That said, you can use Whitepages.com to find your neighbor's names. Once you have that information, you can do all sorts of searches for them online.What to do if you Cannot unsubscribe? ›
- Reply to the sender. Ask them to remove you from the list.
- Have these unwanted newsletters or promotions redirected to another email folder.
- Block the sender (You can unblock this address at any time)
- Filter messages from the company. Most, if not all, ESPs have a provision for filtering emails.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app .
- Open an email from the sender you want to unsubscribe from.
- At the bottom of the message, tap Unsubscribe or Change preferences. If you don't see these options, the sender didn't give information required for unsubscribing.
Don't ever click the “unsubscribe” option in spam
By clicking the unsubscribe link you are doing exactly what the spammer wants—you are showing your account is valid, that it's active, that you are giving them attention, and that they were able to convince you to click on what is potentially a dangerous link.
Nextdoor makes it safe to share online the kinds of things you share with your neighbors in person. Every neighbor must confirm their address in the neighborhood. Every neighbor must provide their real name but can control how it appears to others. Nextdoor is securely encrypted using the HTTPS Internet protocol.How do I hide my last name on Nextdoor? ›
Tap your profile icon or photo in the top left. Tap the Settings icon in the bottom left corner. Tap Account settings. Make the desired changes to your name in the first and last name fields.Do you have to verify address on Nextdoor? ›
To start connecting with neighbors on Nextdoor, you'll need to verify the address you used to create your account.Can Nextdoor block you? ›
Nextdoor may disable accounts if they are found to be in violation of our Community Guidelines or Member Agreement. Some behaviors that may result in your account being disabled include: Using a fake name or address. Abusive or unneighborly messages.Can you be part of multiple neighborhoods on Nextdoor? ›
Right now, your email address can only be tied to one residential address on Nextdoor. To create an account in another neighborhood, you'll need to join with an alternate email address when creating the account. If you've moved your primary residence, follow our instructions on changing your address.How do I stop Nextdoor from seeing other states? ›
- Profiles & Settings.
- Under Beyond Nearby.
- Toggle the slider for Show Popular Posts from Everywhere.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select View Profile.
- Select the Settings icon beneath your profile name and choose Account settings & preferences.
- Enter your new email address into the Email address field.
- Click Save.
- Check your email for a confirmation from Nextdoor.
Currently, you can search everything on Nextdoor except:
- Private messages.
- Events posted by members outside your neighborhood or Nearby Neighborhoods.
- Profile information (such as Topics and skills)
- New member announcements.
- Click your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Click Your profile.
- Scroll down to view the Activity section on your profile page.
Unlike a regular post, private messages remain solely between you and the neighbour or neighbours you've messaged. They will never appear in the Newsfeed, in a group, or anywhere else within your Nextdoor neighbourhood website. Note that for mobile below we no longer require a chat subject line.
It's now possible to use Nextdoor without revealing specific location details. However, you should also avoid sharing any other personal information. Posting your address, social security number, or even your email address is inherently problematic as these can all be used for identity theft and/or hacking.Is Nextdoor owned by Facebook? ›
Facebook doesn't own Nextdoor.What information does Nextdoor collect? ›
What does Nextdoor track? Because Nextdoor requires a verified address in order to access your neighborhood portal, they know your address. They also know your name and anything you post on the site itself, including your profile information.How do I send a message on Nextdoor app? ›
- Open the Nextdoor for Android app.
- Tap at the bottom center of the screen.
- Type a message and add optional attachments to your post: Photos or videos, a location for your post, an item to sell or give away in For Sale, a poll to survey your neighbors, or a safety report of a crime or something suspicious.
Sarah Friar is the CEO of Nextdoor. She sits on the board of Walmart and the advisory board of HOPE Global. She is the co-founder and board member of the nonprofit Ladies Who Launch.How do you send a private message? ›
- Open the Chat app or Gmail app .
- On the bottom, tap Chat .
- Tap a name, enter a message, and tap Send .
- If the name isn't there, tap Add. or New chat.
- Enter a name or email address. Suggestions appear as you type. ...
- Enter your message and tap Send .
Nextdoor Connections is a new feature that allows neighbors to form “connections” on Nextdoor with neighbors they know (or want to know) better. Once two neighbors connect on Nextdoor, they will see each others' messages highlighted in the newsfeed and in notifications.What cannot be posted on Nextdoor? ›
We prohibit any activity that could hurt someone, from physical harm to scams. You, our neighbors who make up Nextdoor, play a key role in neighborhood moderation by reporting content or neighbors that violate these Guidelines. Please remember that disagreeing with a post is not a reason to report it.Is Nextdoor legitimate? ›
Nextdoor makes it safe to share online the kinds of things you share with your neighbors in person. Every neighbor must confirm their address in the neighborhood. Every neighbor must provide their real name but can control how it appears to others. Nextdoor is securely encrypted using the HTTPS Internet protocol.Who makes money from Nextdoor app? ›
Nextdoor makes a majority of money from the delivery of advertising services. From building awareness to driving sales, Nextdoor offers advertisers of all sizes distinct and differentiated products in a unique local context that allow them to reach the right neighbor, at the right time, with the right message.